Santas !!!! Time has come for you to choose the person who will receive a gift from you !
I apologize for the delay and for the lack of answers ... I have been through some hard personal times these two last weeks, it has really not been fun at all
and moreover I've jsut moved on to a new place this week-end so the Internet was not really set.
Anyways, it's time to start Secret Santas 2014 !!!
Here is the lsit with all the questionnaires sta.sh/02fh4iv8m10g
PS : I might participate this year too, so I may post my questionnaire here publicly in case anyone would like to be my Santa...
I have a lot of fun organizing it, but i must say I feel a little bit jealous for not participating to it My questionnaire
2) Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, Peter Pan, Hercules, Mickey's Christmas Carol
3)Belle, Beast, Pocahontas, Peter Pan, Tinker Bell, Megara, Figaro, Grumpy
4) Alan Menken Soundtracks, the Second Star to the Right, Pocahontas visual style (landscapes, colors, characters design ...), Anything magical in Disney
5) I'd love to see some love lovely moment between Pocahontas and John Smith, but if my previous answers inspire you for something different, I'd be happy to see it
6) Digital and Tradional
7) I love the color red, reading books, magic, and how stars shine in the night Thank you making me a gift
Hiii fellow members !! The time has come to sart our 2nd exclusively Disney Secret Santa !! For those of you who are not aware, last year we held a Secret Santa to celebrate Christmas and our love for Disney, and it went so great, and it was such a big succes (and so much fun) that we've decided to do it again this year !
You can find all the entries of last year here : fav.me/d6rr3fg
last year we got 66 participants, let's hope this year there will be even more, the more we are the best it is !
So ... Disney Secret Santas 2014 is officially OPEN !!!
What is a Secret Santa ?
The tradition of Secret Santa is a gift exchange, where the person receiving the gift doesn't know who the giver is going to be. Seems like a lot of fun, doesn't it ?
How will it work ?
At the bottom of the journal you will find a questionnaire. Please copy the questions and send your answers in a note titled "Secret Santa Questionnaire" to CherishTree
DO NOT SEND YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO THE GROUP! As the admis may participate and they'll have access to the group notes. You'll have until the 17th of november to send your questionnaire and so to apply the Secret Santa. Between the 18th and the 20th of November I will add a journal to my STASH with everyone's answers assigned a number (with the name removed, of course). I will note each participant the link to the journal and participants will then reply with their first 5 choices. Assignments will be made (by note) on a first-come, first-serve basis. When a number is assigned, it will be removed from the journal. This will be explained in detail in the assignment note.
Remember to send your note to CherishTree
! Do not leave your questionnaire in a comment either! That wouldn't be very secret.
Who may participate ?
Participation is open to any member/watcher of FutureDisneyArtists
We have absolutely no requirements on skill level or main artistic medium. Everyone is welcome to participate.
Rules, Due date, Infos, etc ...
As it's a Christmas gift, your present must be done before the 31st of December. Post the deviation to your gallery and send both your recipient and me (CherishTree
) a note with the thumb or link. Your gift will appear in the featured folder of:devFutureDisneyArtist:.
Your gift must adhere to normal group rules: there must be a canon Disney character, place, or thing present. All work must be your own. No screenshots, Disney promotional photographs, or any official Disney art may be used.
Medias allowed or traditional, digital, hand crafts, sculpture, litterature, photography
Admins reserve the right to reject a gift. We will not ever reject a gift based on skill level, but if it's clear the deviation only took 15 minutes or none effort was put in it, or you took one of your old deviation, we'll refuse it and reassign a Swing Santa to your recipient.
As a recipient, if you feel that you have been given an inappropriate gift please note me personally. Remember skill level will not be a consideration - if it is clear your Santa put thought and effort into their gift it will be accepted by the group. If the gift is ultimately rejected by the group you will be assigned to one of our swings
What happens if someone doesn't complete their gift ?
If you pull out of Secret Santas before you have received your gift, no harm done. Your Santa will have the choice of still completing your gift or being reassigned to a swing position.
If you pull out of Secret Santas after having received your gift but before the 25th of December (which allows time for the Santa to be reassigned to a swing), you will go onto the "Coal List" on the journal, so everyone will know you mooched art off of someone without giving any in return.
If by the 31st of December you have not completed your gift but have received yours, you will forfeit your group membership and any art you have in our gallery will be removed. You will then be added to the group's blocked list. Because it's just not fair to receive a gift and not giving one in return.
For recipients, if your Santa has pulled out of the project or if you haven't received your gift by the 31st of January, you'll be reassigned to a Swing Santa, who will make you a gift that you will receive by the 6th of January
So in short, if you think that for any reason you may not be able to get a piece done by the 31st of December, do not sign up for this Project.
The Questionnaire :
1. First Name: (not required) (this will not appear on the assignment journal)
2. Favorite Disney Movies: (list as many as you like; only the first 5 listed will appear on the assignment journal)
3. Favorite Disney Characters: (list as many as you like; only the first 5 listed will appear on the assignment journal)
4. Favorite Disney Miscellanea (Places, Games, Shows, Music, etc.): (list as many as you like; only the first 5 listed will appear on the assignment journal)
5. My Idea of a Perfect Gift: (this will appear on the assignment journal)
6. Art Mediums I prefer to receive: (this will appear on the assignment journal)
7. Other things I'd like to share with my Santa:
8. I [can][cannot] be a Swing Santa if someone should not complete their gift. (It means if someone leaves the project, you're disposed to make a present to the recipient they had been assigned to)
And nooow ...................................... Let's start !!!